A Bit About Me
Hi. My name is Kevin, and I like design. Actually, I love it—but don't tell my wife. She'll get jealous if she knew that while I'm out with her, I'm really thinking about how to cleverly use negative space, or noticing all the unappetizing typographical errors on the menu.
I may not be able to teach a heli-skiing class (on account of that whole "fear of heights" thing), or sing as well as Enrico Pallazzo (google it), but I can create one heckuva logo and make that layout my bitc…do a good job.
I'm six-feet and two inches of rock-solid dependability. I never fly too high or too low and love to learn new skills. I am a firm believer in working smarter, not harder. I crave efficiency and organization, and take pride in doing things the right way.
Did you know that four out of five dentists recommend me? It's true.
College: Miami University
Favorite Movie: Jaws
Favorite Bands: The Avett Brothers and Pearl Jam
Hobbies: Fantasy football and working on my house
Favorite Number: 29
Hidden Talent: Ear wiggling
Partners + Napier Vine Design Team: May 2015–Present
Responsible for the Ruffino Wines account—a focus brand in the Constellation Wines portfolio. I also work on a variety of cross-brand initiatives for trade regions and retail channels. A large part of my job is performing the roll of account supervisor, interacting regularly with the client, handling all communication with the client, and managing all timelines.
Freelance Art Director
Partners + Napier Vine Design Team: October 2014–May 2015
I had the opportunity to get my foot in the door at Partners + Napier with a full-time freelance position. I collaborated with teams of designers on dozens of brands within the Constellation Brands portfolio. Responsible for creation of point-of-sale materials spanning from new concepts to leveraging existing creative to further brand messaging.
Crosman Corporation: May 2011–October 2014
Extensive design experience and talent helped to maximize global market-leading airgun manufacturer’s ability to exceed sales goals.
• Independently and collaboratively developed new branding on packaging including Crosman Airgun, Crosman Tactical Airgun, Benjamin Airgun and CenterPoint Optics
• Collaborated on development of new, commerce-based website design by concepting, creating site maps, migrating content to the new site, and creating responsive elements for two sub-sites (scheduled for launch November 2014)
• Managed design assets through implementation and maintenance of a logo library and project archive
• Key team member for product launches and new product vendor proposals
• Designed logos, product catalogs and performed photographic manipulation to enhance products
Senior Graphic Designer
Wegmans Food Markets: November 2006–April 2011
Worked to help develop the brand position of one of the country’s foremost super markets.
• Executed designs in a variety of collateral such as Wegmans Menu Magazine, in-store signage, advertisements, catalogs, weekly fliers, website, and internal communication collateral
• Initiated and maintained the creative department’s logo library, promoting ease-of-use and uniformity on all projects
Mason Selkowitz Marketing: June 2005–October 2006
• Worked on advertisements, brochures, packaging, and trade show graphics
• Teamed with national pharmacy chains on cobranding initiatives
• Collaborated on product launch for the Sidekick meter, creating a new category within the diabetes management market
• Created logo library of HDI brand assets to maximize efficiency and accuracy
• Lead designer during the most profitable year for both Mason Selkowitz McDermott and HDI
Honors and Awards
Dale Carnegie Course Graduate
Addy Award for ROI: Wegmans Menu Magazine
Winner of multiple logo and design contests at shirt.woot.com and theclinkroom.com